Wednesday, June 05, 2013

Pinterest Board

 
I have recently become a member of Pinterest and started a John "Mad Jack" Fuller board.
See: http://pinterest.com/ziggypinkles/john-mad-jack-fuller/

Many images from my website had already been "pinned" by other users and I have added some myself.
As always, I strive for accuarcy and greatly appreciate people who contact me to help in this regard.

Pinterest Corrections:
  • John Fuller was a Georgian Squire - not Victorian as one Pinterest user states. Queen Victoria's reign began in 1837, three years after Fuller's death. During his lifetime Britain's ruling monarchs were - George II (11 June 1727 – 25 October 1760); George III (25 October 1760 – 29 January 1820); George IV (1820 – 26 June 1830, Prince Regent since 1811); William IV (26 June 1830 – 20 June 1837).
  • Britain Express eroneously labelled photos of the tower as "The Observatory".
  • With a photo of Bodiam Castle, one  Pinterest user claims that "This Castle was owned by my husband's ancestor, Mad Jack Fuller." Fuller never married and had no known children. It is however possible that there is a family connection of some sort. 

No comments: