Sunday, May 12, 2002

Jack Fuller's Pub

On Saturday, 5/11/02 Richard from Tunbridge Wells wrote this entry in the Jack Fuller guestbook:
"Hi, I thought I would write to confirm that Jack Fullers has indeed re-opened as a pub and it is well worth a visit. It's at Oxley's Green which is just outside Brightling village on the road to Robertsbridge. The new owners have clearly put a lot of effort into the place, and when I stopped there for lunch last Wednesday I was highly impressed and will definitely be returning soon. The food is excellent and very good value for money, and the whole place has a wonderful atmosphere to it. John Fuller would certainly give it his approval! So if you're passing the area, or want to try somewhere that's off the beaten track I would definitely recommend this pub. The phone number is 01424 838212. "

Unfortunately he did not leave an email address so I can not thank him personally. So I will do so publicly...Thanks for your comments Richard. My understanding is that the Jack Fuller pub is a "free house" and so not affiliated with any brewery. I would welcome the opportunity to either create a page for the pub or provide a link from my site to theirs.

In the meantime....raise a glass of cheer to Squire John Fuller, long may he be remembered! Cheers!

NB: Correct address and phone number for pub is:

Jack Fullers,Brightling Road, Oxley Green, Brightling, East Sussex TN32 5HD

01424 838212

No comments: